Jack Kelly’s back to basics articles
Jack Kelly caused a renaissance in British trampolining. He brought a refreshing approach to developing skills through rigorous attention to form and development steps. Before taking up a role with BG he had spent many sessions at our club. We have taken on board his approach as the foundation stone of our own coaching practices.
British Gymnastics published 28 articles in this series; we reproduce them here with Jack’s permission. Simply click on the links below to access individual articles to follow the series through. These articles were the building blocks of Jack’s book ‘Over & Above’ available on Amazon and, probably, elsewhere – it is well worth a read of this book.
- Take-off 1 and Take-off 2
- Use of arms in bouncing
- Arm-setting 1 and Arm-setting 2
- The Tiger Woods Approach – practice and drills
- Bouncing technique:
- Coaching techniques:
- Landing technique 1 and Landing technique 2
- Lost Moves 1 and Lost Moves 2
- Fitness Training 1 and Fitness training 2